Here you will find an overview of the most important tips and information for parents.
- Make sure you give to your child only games with an a USK age rating.
- Only let your child play games within the suitable age category.
- Make sure that younger children in the family do not see the games your older children are playing if they are not in a suitable age category.
- Children aged under 3 are not yet capable of playing digital games and should not play digitally at all. Learning apps and games appropriate to their age may be given to children aged 4-5, although children should not be allowed to use digital devices alone until they are 6 years old.
- Discuss the games with your child. He or she will be happy to explain even complex game subjects and will do so with great enthusiasm.
- Agree on fixed playing times with your child, taking into account times spent watching viseos and using other media.
If you have any questions about age rating symbols, you may contact the Permanent Representatives of the Supreme Youth Protection Authorities (OLJB) of the Federal States at the USK directly: email@example.com.